There is a neighborhood inDuluth called Central Hillside. If anything depraved, tragic or just plain bad happens in this town, you can bet it will happen there. What most tourists don’t realize, as they sip strawberry malts on the rocky shore of Lake Superior, is that they are only three or four blocks from a knife in the back. Every town has such a neighborhood, I suppose. But don’t fear this hood; Central Hillside includes the boyhood home of Bob Dylan, the famed Sacred Heart Church, and nowThe Black-eyed Snakes.
Okay…you cant hide from The Black Eyed Snakes forever, Fall ’04 invasion dates below
- Wednesday, Sept. 8 Pizza Luce, Duluth (withSan Francisco’s The Husbands)
- Thursday, Sept. 9 Triple Rock, Minneapolis (withThe Husbands)
- Friday, Sept. 10 Stone’s Throw, Eau Clair, Wis. (with The Husbands)
- Tuesday, Sept. 21 Beaner’s Central, Duluth (Beaner’s Birthday Bash)
- Wednesday, Oct. 13 Univ. Minnesota, Duluth
- Thursday, Oct. 14 Univ. Wisconsin Stout (withThe Keepaways)
- Friday, Oct. 15 The Cave, Carleton College, Northfield, Minn. (with The Keepaways)
Make it if you can and spread the word if you would.